Wednesday 16 May 2007

Why?

To start with I would like to declare that I am not very fond of blogging. This is actually the first article, in the first blog, I have published. And this after many hours of reconsiderations of the reason to start a blog. You may ask yourself why, as I did, and maybe later on we'll come up with a good reason. This may sound confusing, and for the reader who isn't rethinking what he or she is reading it probably will be.

Many important things in life are difficult to understand right away, among all those things we'll never understand. I am not writing this because I think that I can answer the meaning of life. This would be stupid and I would also laugh at a person who claims to have all the answers. (If you are looking for those answers you better read Stephen Hawkings or some other clever persons thoughts.)

So, I'll try to focus on a few things which are all related to... ...yes, you've probably guessed it by now. Wine.

But first things first - a small warning before getting started:
If you are impatient and need quick answers (I can tell you that this will take some time);
If you think you already know enough or everything about wine;
If you are a so called "wine connoisseur" and have a snobbish attitude to wine drinking;
If you are a person who can't take professional, personal, criticism - sarcastic or not.

- You can all stop reading now.

Or if you like, please read on, but with open minds.

That's what its all about actually. Because as I see it, a major part of the wine drinking population has been mislead for decades. Thanks to the global wine industry's marketing tactics, people have become wine consumers, instead of wine drinkers. I don't like this fact, and with the following articles I will do my best to make a statement for the passionate wine growers, producers and the true wine lovers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Everyone is in the marinade." LOL - that is a good translation. :))